« Home | OK, I GIVE UP. » | I CONFESS. » | CHILDREN'S ART and ANSWERS » | JUST A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS!! So OK three questions » | FINAL COUNT ON MANAGERS - #10 & #11 » | BREAKING NEWS » | # 9 ON THE COUNTDOWN » | NEW SALAD THIS SPRING » | SPICY CHICKEN AS A SUBSTITUTE » | HERE ARE TWO MORE OF THE MANAGERS,NUMBERS 6 & 7 » 

Saturday, February 18, 2006 

TIME TO HANG UP THE HEADSET AND DO SOME TRAVELING


Now isn't this special?


Yes ol' #8 is retired. Lois is pasture bound. I am going to miss all the kids and the old folks and all the in between folks. Fellow employees as well as the customers. Working mostly the early morning shift we have the same people coming through in a hurry on their way to work and like they say someone had to get up first and make the coffee. Then the ones coming off the midnight shift on their way home, tired and ready for a snack and a little harrassment to get them on their way. Actually there isn't a paticular time that there isn't a special customer that you enjoy seeing and passing a couple of seconds with as they go on their way. I had one gent that started ordering a 'one o nickle' because that's what I always said when he asked for a large black coffee. I think he will miss that little reparte for awhile. Another as soon as he started to speak you could have his order punched in and get him moving. Soooo many. I think I took about 70 pictures as they came through and of course I was taking pictures of the crew too. I told them I was making a rouges gallery.
18 years 10 days. Might not seem like a very long time until you consider I wasn't a teeny bopper when I found a career I really enjoyed. I had done many things but working at McDonalds and meeting interesting people from all over the world really made a difference. One couple from Scotland owned a McDonalds there and his name was the same as the owner of our store. Everyday something that just makes life that much more interesting. My son says I will have withdrawl symptoms for a time especially when I see the 'Golden Arches'. I can't even begin to tell about all of the youngsters I have worked with, a lot of whom I trained. I say youngsters because everything is relative and it's the point at which you start.
Enough said for awhile. It will take forever to forget those I have worked with and those I have waited on and those customers that suddenly didn't show up one morning for coffee. All of the high school kids that grew up and started coming in with their own families. The whole process is like it was your family. I really am going to miss it. Talk at ya later. Bye.

Well today was a test for Lois (my mom). We met at a McDonald’s hybrid BP in Oshkosh, like Gladstone’s Mickey D’s.

First, the store was under going some type of renovations. All of the booths where gone and in there place they had set up folding tables with the paper tray liners as place mats..

Then, my dad called out the Diet Coke mixture. He was right; it was a little low on the syrup to carbonated water ratio..

With all of this, Lois kept her calm and never mentioned a word… Now, had this been one day earlier. The badge would have been flashed and heads would have rolled…

Post a Comment